Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu, offers many things for tourists when they want to make a trip. However, it is wise for them to prepare a list of things to do before planning a tour. This, in turn, gives ways to make a successful trip with a family, group, or others.The city is an ideal destination for sightseeing purposes because it caters to the requirements of tourists. Furthermore, the city is the right destination for those who want to know more about the old tradition and culture of Tamil Nadu.
What are the top things to do in Chennai?
- Visiting Government museum
The Government Museum in Egmore is the right place for tourists to explore the history of Chennai city. It covers a theatre and other attractions such as Connemara public library and children’s museum. The museum also houses art galleries, antique jewelry items, and an amalgam of various sections. Visitors who want to gather more details about various things can visit the museum to gain more knowledge.
- Royapuram Fishing Harbor to know the life of the fishermen
Tourists who want to know aboutthe life and culture of the fishermen’s community in Chennai can visit the Royapuram Fishing Harbor. It is an ideal destination for fish lovers who want to know more about the fishing activities. Moreover, visiting the harbor let tourists gather more information about the fish varieties and other things. Tourists can even spend some hours with fishermen to learn their habits.
- Prathayangira Devi Temple to get the blessings of the goddess
Prathayangira Devi temple is a spiritual site where people can get the blessings of the goddess Prathayangira. Located in Sholinganallur, the temple performs various homams and yagnasfor devotees. Those who want to get rid of evil forces, malefic effects of the planets, doshas, obstacles, enemies, and black magic can visit this temple. It allows tourists to become close to the goddess to ensure success and wealth in life. Besides, worshipping the goddess will help experience peace of mind from various problems.
- Spending some valuable time in Anna Centenary Library
Tourists who are book lovers can spend some valuable time in Anna Centenary Library. The library which is spread over across 9 acres is one of the largest libraries in Asia. It allows visitors to spend a day reading some useful books.
- MGM Dizzee World to have more fun with kids and others
MGM Dizzee World is a theme park that lets kids and families keep engaged throughout the day to experience more fun. The theme park is the right choice for visitors to relax their minds from the hectic lifestyle. It offers different activities for them to witness complete satisfaction.
- Marina Beach to view the sunrise and sunset
Marina Beach is the second largest beach in the world due to its long coastal lines. Visitors can go for a jog or walk on the beach to access the beautiful view of the sunrise. They can even visit the beach in the evening to view the sunset. The beach is the right choice for doing some outdoor activities. On the other hand, it is not wise to swim on the beach due to drowning and other risks. The lighthouse on the beach allows visitors to view the stunning beauty of the city.
- Visiting Phoenix market city for shopping and entertainment
The Phoenix market city is one of the largest shopping malls in India. It has 11 multiplex theatres and more than 250 retail stores. Apart from this, the mall has 4 floors and is suitable for tourists who want to shop for a wide range of products and services in one place. Spending a few hours in the city enables tourists to explore various things that suit their lifestyle.
- Sri AnanthaPadmanabhaSwamy Temple
Sri AnanthaPadmanabhaSwamy Temple is one of the must-see places in Chennai while making a trip to the city. The temple which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu allows devotees to purify their souls and minds. Anyone who wants to make a spiritual trip to the city can pick this temple to accomplish their goals in life.
- Muttukadu-A perfect place for all adventurous activities
Muttukaduwhich is located on the East Coast Road (ECR) is a perfect place for tourists to perform different adventurous activities such as surfing, swimming, kayaking, paddling, and sailing to witness complete entertainment.
Booking the best hotels in Chennai to make a memorable trip
Tourists who visit Chennai for the first time should consider booking the best hotels after fixing an itinerary. The Leela Palace Chennai offers the latest amenities for guests when they want to stay with their families and children. Guests even host parties, social gatherings, weddings, birthdays, and special occasions in a sophisticated environment.
The rooms in the hotel are well-equipped with outstanding facilities such as Wi-Fi, Free lunch or dinner, meal options, air conditioning, heath drinks upon request, room services, etc. The hotel offers a 15% discount on all services allowing customers to save maximum money. Customers can book their rooms online after checking the availability.
Tips to follow when making a trip to Chennai
- Chennai has extreme heat conditions when compared to other cities and tourists should consider planning a trip during the winter season ( From December to February)
- It is wise to avoid visiting Chennai in the monsoon because the city faces heavy floods
- The city has good public transportation such as metro rail services, suburban trains, metropolitan busses
- Tourists should check the hygienic levels of street food stalls when they want to eat something because they will cause health issues
- Visitors should avoid crowded places while making a trip to Chennai to prevent crimes and other unwanted problems
- Safety is the most important factor to keep in mind because walking in lonely areas can result in risks
- Tap water is not good in the city and visitors should always carry water bottles with them when they want to make a trip