How to Disallow Email from a Specific Sender on Your iPhone
The fact that you can access all of your email on a small device that fits in your pocket may be convenient; however, there is a significant drawback to using mail on your iPhone, and that is the fact that there is no easy way to block emails from iphone from particular senders. Apple’s Mail app does not include a “Block sender” command like other email clients do. However, this does not imply that it is impossible; rather, it simply means that you will need to put in more effort.
Apple’s Mail app is a complete mess due to the fact that it integrates with so many different email providers, including Gmail, Yahoo, and a number of others. Therefore, in order to stop a sender from sending you messages, you will need to investigate the origin of the communication. You can accomplish this in one of two ways: first, you can download their app; second, you can go to their website, log in, and block email on iPhone without opening.
Here’s how to use the most popular mail services to accomplish that goal and block a text on iPhone.
On an iPhone, how do I block emails in Gmail?
Using the official Gmail app is the most effective way to stop others from sending you emails while you’re using it. If you haven’t already done so, please download and activate the app on your device. You can choose to make continued use of the built-in Mail application in order to access your email on a daily basis as an alternative. However, in order to block emails, you will need this app.
- Open the Gmail app and look for an email from someone you’d like to stop receiving emails from.
- You can read the message by tapping on the email.
- Sender’s name: Tap the three-dot menu to the right of the name (be sure not to tap the three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- “Block [person’s name].
On an iPhone, how do you block Yahoo mail emails?
Because you can’t block people in the Yahoo app, you’ll have to do it on the Yahoo email site. We’ll walk you through the process on both a desktop computer and an iPhone.
- Go to mail.yahoo.com in the Safari app. Please enter your Yahoo mail username and password if necessary.
- For this to work on your phone, you’ll need to access the desktop version of Yahoo Mail. Normally, this would be easier to accomplish on a desktop computer, but if you don’t have access to one, then you can do it on your phone. The refresh button at the top of the screen can be tapped and held. Tap “Request Desktop Site” when the menu appears.’
- You’ll be able to block a person’s email after the page refreshes and you’re able to open an email from that person.
- Select “Block Senders” from the three-dot menu at the browser’s window’s top.
- Confirm your choice to block senders in the Block senders window.
Outlook Mail on an iPhone: How to Block Emails
We’ll do this on the internet, just like Yahoo!
- Access https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox from your mobile device’s Safari browser. Log in using your username and password if necessary.
- Just like with Yahoo, there is no blocking on the mobile version of Outlook, so if you want to do it on your phone you’ll have to use the desktop version. Take a few seconds to press and hold down on the refresh button located at the top of the screen. Tap “Request Desktop Site” when the menu appears.
- To block unwanted emails on iphone from a specific sender, you must first refresh the page and then open Outlook on your desktop.
- Using the three-dot menu, tap “Block [person’s name].” Then, tap “OK” to confirm your decision.